We customize our approach to the individual’s uniqueness and the challenges they are experiencing. Interventions focus on symptom-reduction, skill-building, tool-acquisition and mastery, personal definition and relationships.
The individual’s understanding of their presenting issues initiates the exploratory process of therapy. The goal of individual therapy is to help the individual acquire healthier, more adaptive, integrated and realistic response patterns.
When should someone seek out individual counselling?
There are various factors that an individual will seek counselling to resolve their mental health challenges they are currently dealing with at work or home and how this can also impact the relationships they have with loved ones and family or friends. Sometimes the individual will set it aside to look after others needs before their own which can build up over time and make it that much more difficult to face. Our therapists are trained to provide both short and long term treatment for a variety of areas such as:
- Frequent Communication Breakdown with a family member or co-worker
- Suffering from Anxiety and/or Depression
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Divorce or Separation
- Suicidal Ideation
- Men’s issues
- Women’s issues
- Mental Health Related challenges or a recent diagnosis such as BPD, PTSD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia, or a host of other presenting issues.
- Constant arguments, difficulty resolving conflict on trivial matters.
- Problems with anger.
- Dealing with infidelity or betrayal.
- Complex Trauma (work closely with individual and in some cases with their loved ones)
- Work Related Trauma for First Responders and their partners
- Bereavement Counselling
- More complex relationship strain with parenting.
- Dealing with mixed race, cultural, ethnic or religious differences.
- Navigating major life transitions (new baby, retirement, death in family)
Spiler Psychotherapy takes pride in offering our expertise in highly specific challenges individuals may face such as:
- Blending an interfaith, interracial, and interethnic relationship
- Managing LGBTQ challenges
- Dealing with blended families, joint family and/or in-laws
- Differences in income, spending, power, privilege
- Managing an open or polyamorous relationship
- Navigating major changes in individual lives such as:
- Empty nest syndrome
- Pregnancy, miscarriage, adoptions
- Loss of employment, e.g., pandemic job lay-offs
- Learning to live with a life-threatening health diagnosis
Our individual counselling services can benefit you:
- Improve communication and listening skills between you and family members, loved ones or co-workers
- Learn to make helpful choices in both work or personal life.
- Develop the courage to make changes in an existing relationship.
- Develop self-help skills for building and maintaining both personal and professional outcome.
- Restore joy in day to day activities
- Find a process for resolving inner conflict.
Our Approach for Individual Therapy
We start off with doing an initial online video consult and customize our therapeutic approach using evidence-based treatment.
Mental Wellness Services
The talking treatment offered is customized to the individual’s uniqueness and the personal challenges they are experiencing within their current… Learn More »
Couples and Marriage Counselling
Couples are assisted in overcoming and managing their relationship crises and impasses. Both partners are also supported to adopt and enhance… Learn More »
Working with families requires an approach to understanding human behavior shaped by its social context. This approach also requires treating… Learn More »
Family Support Group
Spiler Psychotherapy™ offers monthly psycho-educational and confidential group meetings in a 5-part series format. It encourages a collaborative… Learn More »
We offer online workshops for Families who have a loved one diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. These workshops are for… Learn More »
Return to Work Insights
In the wake of pandemic disruption and the added pressures of meeting deadlines and limited resources or uncertainty within your careers… Learn More »
One of the main objectives of our customized coaching is to assist individuals, groups, trainers, and organizations to develop the tools… Learn More »